Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Silent Night, Tally Light

Today we were a bit shorthanded for a studio shoot, so I jumped behind the camera for the first time since arriving here at WCTV. I first ran a studio camera at WIPB on a gospel music show in probably 1982-83 and have logged quite a few hours since, off and on. Running a studio camera is just like riding a bike, if your bike had a focus ring on one handlebar and a zoom control on the other.

We were shooting the "Ask Alan" show, a public affairs-style show about financial concerns. It was the first time I had met the host, Alan Spears, who I think is probably one of the most recognized faces in Richmond. It has been a popular show and is well put-together. You can learn more about "Ask Alan" right here.

Feel free to write me at jodalton@indiana.edu.

No comments: