Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Thanks, WCTV

I am leaving my position as WCTV Station Director to become the Director of Communications and Marketing for Indiana University East. I am pleased to announce that longtime WCTV staffer John Schuerman has been named Interim Station Director.

It has been a pleasure to serve as Station Director during a time of unprecedented growth and change for WCTV. Many of you know that I was a longtime supporter of grassroots video and television personally before I ever had the opportunity to pursue it professionally. Today, more than ever, I believe in the promise of public access television; to empower citizens through technology and to give voice to those not represented in the mainstream. I have seen how this community embraced these ideas and recognized WCTV’s critical role in political, educational, and social discourse in Wayne County.

That is why, when I step down from this position today, the next thing I will do is write my membership check to WCTV, joining all of you who have supported this organization during its more than 20 years of community programming.

Thank you again for your ongoing interest and support of Whitewater Community Television.

Sincerely,

John Oak Dalton

No comments: